Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Best of 2011, So Far - Vinyl Hounds' Top 28!


Everyone else is doing it, why not me? I mean, really, why not? The one thing I've gleaned from all those other "best of" lists is that everyone's stroking the same bands (you know who they are). I feel like I'm being force fed a steady dose of blogosphere hype. Seems more like a popularity contest, if you ask me. So, fuck all them, here's my list.

Well, if you've been a follower of this blog for little bit, you probably have a good feel for my taste (or lack thereof) and might have an idea of what's to follow. If not, I hope I can enlighten you to some truly amazing music. It's been a good year, so far, if you ask me, and I'm looking forward to what's yet to come. So, here's my top 28. Yeah, 28, you got a problem with that?


Best Vinyl Releases of 2011 (So Far):
19. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues (Sub Pop)
13. G. Love - Fixin' To Die (Brushfire)
10. Iron and Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean (Warner Bros.)


Best Vinyl Re-issues (So Far):
Jimi Hendrix - Blues (Sony/Legacy)


Most Looked Forward To:
A.A. Bondy - Believers (September 13, 2011)
Wilco - The Whole Love (September 27, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment