Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Portugal. The Man - In the Mountain In the Cloud Vinyl Bundles Pre-order Is Up!


Get a tassssse here...

Portugal. The Man - Got It All (This Can't Be Living Now)

Wow! Another high-priced vinyl bundle just waiting for your purchase! Man, I love me some PTM but this vinyl thing is getting eeeee-spensive! Ya gotta do what you gotta do, folks. I love these guys and now that they're on a major, I guess we should have seen these prices coming. Still, highly recommended. Get it here.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. The exorbitant prices are just one more reason not to support the majors, IMHO. I'll buy lots of merch if and when I see them live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the deluxe bundles are expensive, but what is so bad about $20 for a vinyl? $35 for a vinyl and a shirt is reasonable too. The deluxe options are "exorbitant" but those are for extreme collectors. Most of the records in my local store are 17.99 - 24.99. Unless you are 50 years old and can recall a day when vinyl was 3.99 at Sears and Roebucks, these prices are reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten years ago the average record cost $11.99, compared to $14 for the CD. Average cost of an LP today is $20 and the CD is still $14. Couple things to think about; in 2001 the average run of LPs was about half of what they are today. So, today, labels are pressing higher numbers and probably getting better rates. Not to mention, the number of pressing plants has probably quadrupled in the last ten years making the process more competitive, also bringing down rates. Makes sense to me that vinyl should be cheaper today and not more expensive. If anyone knows actual numbers, let me know.

    ReplyDelete