Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Black Lips “Arabia Mountain” LP + 7″ Preorder!



So, initially, I didn't post about this pre-order because I thought "Oh, another Black Lips record, whatever." I just never fell for these guys and felt each LP didn't live up to the hype. So, I was kinda thinking this LP would be more of the same. Their newest, “Arabia Mountain”, finds the band tweaking the original formula ever so slightly; the songs I've heard are catchier and more polished (which may turn off some hardcore fans) thanks partially to the production by Mark Ronson.

If you're looking for more of the same, you may be disappointed. Me, I am really diggin'  it. You can preorder the LP on marble vinyl with a bonus 7″ (limited to first 300 orders) for $16.99 at Insound.


Black Lips - New Direction (from Arabia Mountain)


Black Lips - Modern Art (from Arabia Mountain)

No comments:

Post a Comment