Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wax Poetic's Exclusive Interview with RSD Co-founder Eric Levin of Criminal Records in Atlanta

I would highly recommend anyone who's interested in how RSD operates or wonders how RSD releases become reality to read this interview - very informative and very enlightening...

Get a taste of the interview here and then jump to Wax Poetic's blog for the entire Q & A.

I want to thank Eric Levin for taking the time to answer some questions that anyone who is a fan of Record Store Day is curious about. Some questions I ask, there is no "perfect" answer for. A lot of things are in flux right now (remember RSD is run by *volunteers*), but the one thing that comes across is the passion behind Eric's answers and wanting to do the best for his customers and for fans of Record Store Day. I think that is really the "heart" of Record Store Day and why it is so successful. It is a time for fans of all ages to come together and share stories about their favorite records, why vinyl sounds better than CDs, talk about what releases they are most excited about and enjoy food/drinks with like-minded fans.


1) In your opinion, do you feel that Record Store Day has gotten too big, with the number of releases? If so, what are you and the other RSD figureheads doing to ensure that this doesn't happen next April?
Eric Levin: "I had personal fear last year that there was going to be a flood of releases for 2011, and I have loudly expressed my opinions at every opportunity. In every meeting, from the largest labels to the smallest, I've urged caution not to harm the golden goose of the vinyl resurgence by over producing. Not even considering RSD, I have concern for the vinyl movement.

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment