Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

R.E.M. - Collapse Into Now, Vinyl Release FAIL!


Let me start by saying I love R.E.M. I've been a fan since 1985 and have bought every one of their albums. Every. One. Each one on vinyl and CD (even the mediocre ones - I won't actually admit any of them are bad). Let's not forget the cassettes I also bought then gave away in the late 90's. Then there's the shows, merchandise, fan club memberships, etc., etc., etc.

I most certainly have dropped some cash into their pockets along the way. But c'mon, guys! $25 for the new album on vinyl? It's not heavy audiophile vinyl, it's not a double LP, hell it's not even a gatefold! It's a single jacket, flimsy standard vinyl. I may be naive when it comes to the business of music but I can definitely smell a load of shit from a mile away.

Just as a comparison, look at this LP I just bought for the same amount of money. Somebody tell me, am I missing something? Also, check my previous post - that G. Love LP... $14! And that even came with a free 7".

$25? Hell, at this point in your career, you should be practically giving your music away! I would of bought that record today, without even hearing it, had it been reasonably priced. I'm that big of a fan (or, at least, I was).

3 comments:

  1. I feel completely ripped off by this one. It was hugely expensive. It only has a single page b&w lyric insert, no mp3 download or physical CD included.

    It also hasn't been aimed at audiophiles: it sounds like a direct dump of the CD onto vinyl, including hideous Hot Mastered sound with zero dynamics. An absolute POS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Отличный альбом! не то что предыдущий Accelerate...

    ReplyDelete