Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ryan Adams - The Love Is Hell Mystery


Way back in February Lost Highway issued a press release that highlighted details of their upcoming 10th anniversary vinyl reissue project on limited edition clear vinyl. It was to kick-off with the re-releases of Ryan Adam's critically acclaimed LP Gold and the T-Bone Burnett produced Soundtrack to O Brother Where Art Thou

It was further reported by Vinyl Hounds and others (as it was confirmed on Lost Highway's website) that Ryan's 2004 double 10" EP, Love is Hell, was also to be celebrated with a clear vinyl reissue on September 13th, 2011. Well, the anticipation has been killing me recently so, I went back to Lost Highway's website to check on the release status only to discover the EP has mysteriously vanished from the list of anniversary reissues! No, it's not listed as "delayed"; not listed as "rescheduled"; not even listed as "cancelled" - just gone.

I always feared this was too good to be true. Can anyone shed a little light on this little shocker? Please comment.

4 comments:

  1. I noticed this as well. I hope they are just less than speedy at keeping their website updated. I'm still holding out hope, but i have my fears as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sold my original when i found out that lost highway was releasing this. those bastards better be good on their word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a copy of Whiskeytown Pneumonia released by Lost Highway as part of the 10th anniversary editions and the vinyl sucks. It's thin and sounds like shit. IMO these releases were a total disservice to the artists and the fans who pay good money for them. Lost Highway never wanted Ryan to release Love Is Hell anyway so, I'm not surprised they did not reissue this record. Love Is Hell deserves a proper audiophile release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that this is way later than the previous answers but I assume the reason why the Ryan Adams vinyl plan was stopped was because of the conflicting release of his new record. I doubt he was too keen on those records being released at the same time as Ashes & Fire. I wish I could get my hands on the Love is Hell reissue. I asked for it at my local record store on the intended release date and they had no idea what I was talking about.

    ReplyDelete