Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Josh Ritter - The Animal Years on Vinyl *UPDATE*


Okay, so I found out recently that the Amazon.com pre-order for this LP was a bunch of bullshit. It turns out that Amazon essentially posts pre-order links for ANYTHING pending release... even though that release may not become available to them (they hope to obtain copies and take pre-orders assuming they'll succeed).

Well, such is the case with the Animal Years vinyl release. I found out that this release is available ONLY to independent record shops. So, cancel your Amazon order and call your local shop to see if they still have this in stock. If not, check with any indie shop across the country, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell it to you, adding the cost of shipping, of course. FYI, I paid $16.50 here in Atlanta.


Josh Ritter - Girl in the War

2 comments:

  1. I did the same, but just yesterday Amazon shipped my buddies copy he pre-ordered so I guess Amazon got some after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scottywic, thanks for the update! I also heard a rumor that, as of today (2/1/11) the album will be released to all major outlets. Guess they wanted the indies to get the initial orders.

    ReplyDelete