Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings 7″ vinyl box set released


Did family commitments or traveling keep you from getting to your favorite record store on Black Friday like it did me?  Did you feel all nausious when you found out all those Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings vinyl box sets were sold out. Well, today's your lucky day!

Apparently, SJ and the DK's are looking out for you. Through the Daptone Records store, you can now order the limited edition 7” vinyl box set of Ms. Jones and the Kings’ latest record, I Learned The Hard Way. Full details after the jump.


Spread across eleven (11!) 45s, you’ll get eight of the twelve album tracks b-sided with instrumental versions. There’s also one instrumental track, “The Reason,” with a previously unreleased vocal version, “Give Me A Reason.”

You’ll get the out-of-print “When I Came Home” as well. The track was originally available exclusively with the initial album pre-orders. Finally, you’ll get a 28-page, 7×7 full color booklet of shots from the I Learned The Hard Way recording sessions and release parties.

You can pick up the set for about $45 at Daptone.

I Learned The Hard Way Box Set Tracklist:


Disc 101. The Game Gets Old
02. The Game Gets Old (instrumental)


Disc 203. I Learned The Hard Way
04. I Learned The Hard Way (instrumental)


Disc 305. Better Things
06. Better Things (instrumental)


Disc 407. Give It Back
08. Give It Back (instrumental)


Disc 509. Money
10. Money (instrumental)


Disc 611. Give Me A Reason
12. The Reason (extended, instrumental)


Disc 713. Windows Shopping
14. Windows Shopping (instrumental)


Disc 815. She Ain’t a Child
16. If You Call


Disc 917. I’ll Still Be True
18. I’ll Still Be True (instrumental)


Disc 1019. Without a Heart
20. Without a Heart (instrumental)


Disc 1121. Mama Don’t Like My Man
22. When I Come Home

No comments:

Post a Comment